2.3 Process 1- Inflation period
Syllabus Statement Link
IQ: How do the properties of substances help us to classify and separate them?
- explore homogeneous mixtures and heterogeneous mixtures through practical investigations
Learning Intentions (L.I)
At the end of this section, you should be able to:
- explain the difference between a homogeneous and heterogeneous mixture.
- draw diagrams to prepresent these types of mixtures.
- provide common examples of these mixture types
- state features of these mixtures that allow a substanbce to be classified into each mixture type.
Sucess Criteria (S.C)
You should be able to do the following to illustrate your understanding of the content:
1) Draw a diagram of each type of mixture using shapes to distinguish between mixture components.
2) Correctly explain why a mixture can be classified as either homogeneous or heterogeneous based on its properties.
3) Correctly state common examples of the mixture types.