HSC Module 2 Chemistry: Introduction to Quantitative Chemsitry
Essential knowledge to Master Module 2 Chemistry
This course is in production and will be updated end of Term 1 2020.
Rough description of curriculum shown below.
The complete learning course to Master your Chemistry. Imagine having the following at your fingertips 24/7
- 90 videos (~12 hours) of essential content
- 10 online quizzes that give you immediate feedback
- Worksheets, Revision quizzes and tests that you can download and print
- 15 FREE study cards from our Study Pack
- 6 Webinars to interact and ask questions when you get stuck
- Study tip videos
- and more
24-7 learning. Your time, Your Way!
90 essential content videos
These videos are similar to the FREE ones on YouTube but go much further. they are more specific, have 75 more than those on Youtube and are linked to the Study Cards, worksheets, and more.
These videos have been designed to give you content needed to get an understanding of the KEY ideas in
chemistry. No longer get confused, BUT if you do get stuck, then attend one of the LIVE webinars to get it sorted out!
Don't have that feeling of leaving your classroom not understanding. By watching these videos before class, you will enter with greater confidence, be able to ask intelligent questions, help others and walk outof the class feeling like a master. Your confidence will soar and so will your grades.
More than just videos!
- We have made very detailed coloured and highly visual study cards to guide your learning. Although these cards are a separate purchase for the whole set (100 cards each Module), we give you 15 FREE cards in each module course.
- These cards are great to use in your study routine, with friends or just before a test.
- We have made over 20 quizzes that test your knowledge as you go.
- They are self marking AND we have then made videos of 'walking through them' just in case you need to get extra help with the questions.
Quality Downloadable Progress Tests
- We have produced 5 Progress tests to give you practice under test conditions.
- Justg like a marathon runner has practise runs under the same conditions to prepare for the BIg race, you should be doing tests of similar quality, difficulty and timing under exam conditions.
- We have these tests and explain how to complete them under exam conditions, why and then mark them with you.
- Everyone gets stuck now and again, even with great videos, worksheets etc
- Sometimes you just need a LIVE person to get your head around it. Explain concepts in a different way, well these webinars help with that. We will be doing 5 webinars per course.
- Log in, ask questions and learn better.
- These Webinars will be placed in the course so you can watch them again and again after the live event. You never know, you may learn somthing when another person asks a similar question that has been buirning in the back of your mind!
Preview1.1 What is this course about?
Preview1.2 How is this course different from what's on YouTube?
Preview1.3 Worked sample problems
Preview1.4 Downloadable Worksheets & Practice Tests
Preview1.5 Monthly LIVE Webinars to get specific help
Preview1.6 Graded Practice Quizes for Immediate Feddback
Preview1.7 Linked to 'In the Lab Series' for complete understanding
Preview1.8 Discounts for Printed Study Manuals and more
Start2.2 Revision of Junior Chemical Reaction Concepts (10:19)
Preview2.3 Balancing Chemical Equations
Start2.4 Common Misconceptions in Chemical Reactions
Preview2.5 What is this thing called Stoichiometry?
Start2.6 How does mass change in chemical reactions?
Start2.7 Making Magnesium oxide in the lab (Theory)
Start2.8 Mass changes in liquids during a Crazy chemical change
Start2.9 Volume changes in chemical reactions
Start2.10 Investigating reaction of Zn in acid (Theory)
StartBONUS: Challenge- Can you get Copper out of Copper oxide?
Start3.2 What is this strange word 'the mole'?
Start3.3 The Mole and a person called Avagadro (4:10)
Start3.4 Converting between number of particles, moles and Avogadro's number (4:10)
Start3.5 Molar mass and usefulness in the lab (3:46)
Start3.6 Converting between moles, mass and formula mass
Start3.7 Moles and Chemical Equations (12:08)
StartReview of Section
Why not get the whole package?
In The Lab Series
Never enter a lab again, not knowing what to expect or if the results you got are correct !
This series has been made to improve your lab skills. It goes through common experiments showing you how to conduct them, the chemistry behind it and possible results.
STUDY Card Pack
- 100 coloured visual cards on KEY content
- Linked to videos in cours
- Use them individually or in a group revision session
- Download them in PDF or there is an option (coming soon) to get professionally printed card decks
Darin has been teaching for 22 years. He has extensive experience in teaching senior classes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as well as presenting Science workshops and shows to primary audiences around Australia.
He has been Flipping his senior and junior classes for 3 years and has international experience at presenting differentiated learning methodologies at various conferences around the world as a member of the presentation team at Flipped Learning Global. Currently he is teaching full time, running workshops in Flipped Teaching and authoring a book on using Flipped principles to enhance study skills in student learning.