HSC Module 6 Physics: Electromagnetism
Essential knowledge to Master Module 6 Physics
Welcome to Module 6 of the HSC Physics course. This course involves:
- ~11 hours of essential content
- 15 FREE study cards from our Study Pack
- study technique videos (1.5 hr)
- Question and answer videos called "Study Bites"
- Question worksheets (coming in 2023)
- Practical manual (2023 - 2024)
Each year I try to
1) Review the videos and improve content, ways of explaining, any errors in videos (only human recording late at night, so they do happen)
2) Add new things such as:
- Worksheets (2023)
- Mini-quizzes (2023 - 2024)
- Practical manual (2023 - 2024)
- Increased study cards
The Study cards are a separate purchase and designed to be purchased by each student for the cost of a few drinks. They are not designed to be shared as they take me 100's of hours to make original artwork, photography ect. Please support me support you and tell your friends.
3) Interactive community
- Below each video are spaces for comments. So share your positive thoughts. If you see an error, mention it to be fixed, If you like it, please let me know. Supportive comments are always welcomed in a supportive community.
24-7 learning. Your time, Your Way!
68 essential content videos
These videos dissect the syllabus and drill down into the essential content. They explore the syllabus from a problem solving approach and focus on giving you a visual understanding of the course and incorporate activities and practicals that are done in a physics lab using physics equipment
Don't have that feeling of leaving your classroom not understanding. By watching these videos before class, you will enter with greater confidence, be able to ask intelligent questions, help others and walk out of the class feeling like a master. Your confidence will soar and so will your grades.
I use the active recall technique during the videos to constantly link past concepts to the new ones being taught and make links between concepts rather than just giving you new information.
You can watch these over again before tests at school and stop them to ensure you get all the material down. No longer, will you have blanks in your book as you can take detailed notes (especially if you watch the videos on how to take active notes using the Traffic light technique from the study video section).
Highly visual concept instruction & breakdown
Incorporating practical aspects (videos from lab activities)
Breaking equations apart & exploring relationships
More than just videos!
- We have made very detailed coloured and highly visual study cards to guide your learning. Although these cards are a separate purchase for the whole set (100 cards each Module), we give you 15 FREE cards in each module course.
- These cards are great to use in your study routine, with friends or just before a test.
- 100 coloured visual cards on KEY content
- Linked to videos in cours
- Use them individually or in a group revision session
- Download them in PDF or there is an option (coming soon) to get professionally printed card decks
PreviewStudy section intro (1:18)
PreviewWhat is Flipped Learning- how to use videos? (4:19)
PreviewWhat does research say is the BEST way to study? (7:09)
PreviewStudy Techniques: How often should I study? (8:12)
StartStudy Techniques: Active note taking (7:14)
StartStudy Technique: How do I make a study timetable? (11:04)
StartStudy Techniques: How to reduce exam anxiety? (9:55)
StartStudy Techniques: How do I structure my study time? (4:55)
StartStudy Techniques: How to make Flash Cards from your notes. (6:52)
PreviewStudy Technique: Active Recall - I do, I remember (12:08)
StartStudy Technique: Sport vs School (9:06)
StartStudy Technique: Brain Plasticity - teaching your brain new things! (7:22)
StartExam Technique Tips: Preparation for the Exam
StartExam Technique Tips: Time Management
StartExam Technique Tips: Highlighting KEY words for breaking down questions
StartExam Technique: Analysing your results with purpose & future improvement
Preview2.1.1 Magnetic Fields Revision (19:40)
Preview2.1.2 Moving charges produce their own magnetic fields (8:35)
Preview2.1.3 Uniform magnetic fields & moving charged particles (13:27)
Preview2.1.4 Circular motion, acceleration & magnetic fields (8:20)
Preview2.1.5 Force on a moving charge (F=qvBsinθ) (5:02)
Preview2.1.7 Comparing moving charges in Electric & Magnetic Fields
Preview2.1.8 Other applications of CM, charged particles & fields
My name is Darin and I have been teaching Science for 25 years. As a full time teacher, I have extensive experience in teaching senior classes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In addition, my 10 years experience at being The Crazy Scientist has enabled me to purchase amazing, unique science equipment to do demonstrations both within my own classroom but also during stage shows at museums, libraries, OOSH centres within NSW and around Australia.
I have been Flipping my senior and junior classes for 6 years and has international experience at presenting differentiated learning methodologies at various conferences in the US and here in Australia at Brisbane RESCON.
Using all of the above, I look forward to you joiuning my digital clasroom to help you improve your knowledge and love of learning.